Materials needed: Bon Vivant pattern # 32168-6, safety pin, Stretch Rite polyester elastic 1/4″, gold craft wire (24 gauge), coordinating thread, needle, safety pin, faux pearl & crystal beads (I got mine at Toho Shoji in NYC)
1) Measure out a piece of fabric to make the tube shape – ours was 1 1/2″ wide and about 14 1/2″ inches long including 1/4″ seam allowance.
2) Sew right sides together.
3) Use a safety pin to help you turn the fabric tube right side out.
Our tube measured about 1 1/4″ wide when unfolded.
Carol found this great elastic to put inside – Thanks!
5) Measure out about 14 1/2″ of elastic and cut.
6) Start threading the elastic through the inside of the tube.
7) Use the safety pin again to help you thread it through.
8) Sew the elastic pieces together.
9) Fold fabric ends under and sew to secure. Wire up some pearl & crystal beads and attach where it looks right to you. Enjoy! Thanks to Carol for working on this with me!
This entry was posted in Crafting
, Hair Accessories
. Bookmark the permalink